This hotel overlooks Parque Eduardo, a bit far from central part of the city. Rooms are s bit small, meaning on the smallish side. Also, decore in the rooms could improve a bit to reflect the cost of the rooms.
Terrific staff, nice rooms, good location
We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel. The rooms are very nice and up to date.
The staff were very helpful and accommodating throughout our stay, including with modified check-in/out times.
It's slightly out of the very heart of the tourist centre of Lisbon, but that actually worked out well to give us a pleasant little walk back after dinner every night, burning a few of the calories we had just consumed.
Can’t wait to go back
Me and my family went for long awaited holidays to Lisbon just before all the lock down happened. We have had a junior suite and it was fabulous stay, great rooms, fantastic amenities and amazing welcome amenities for our kids. we had access to exec. lounge which was fantastic full of choices - my only criticism was the fact that on our last day the exec lounge was shut - despite us paying the extra money we weren’t able to utilise this facility and there was virtually no information about it or why (even though the why is understandable as the city went into lock down few days later)
Food was fantastic and the staff next to none. They were all very professional and extremely friendly and welcoming. We also accidentally forgot our pushchair as my daughter is good walker but not good enough for a city break but the hotel was amazing in getting us one of their own.
I have kept a little portus calle hand cream from my room that reminds me of this fantastic stay and I hope will carry me over till our next stay as there will be one as soon as there are no travel restrictions. (but hope the exec lounge will stay open for the whole duration next time)
Super clean rooms, friendly staff
Was here for a couple of nights and the hotel was very quiet.
The staff were really friendly throughout and helpful.
The rooms felt super clean which was very reassuring during these times and gives you peace of mind. The location is very central, not a far walk to restaurants, metro and shops
would definitely recommend if staying in the center of Lisbon
Excellent stay at a fantastic IHG property
I have stayed at Intercontinental Lisbon initially for business, then extended my stay for leisure.
Room and Location:
- The hotel is situated in a great location close to the old town and the rooms have a great panoramic view of the city.
- The room I received was spacious and had a comfortable bed, a couch with a side-stool, and a desk to work on.
- The internet connection was excellent within the room and downstairs at the restaurant and lobby.
- I received a big bottle of complimentary water each day
- The cleaning services were extremely efficient; due to my tight schedule, I needed my room to be cleaned at a specific time and the hotel staff made sure to cooperate and make it happen every single day.
- A sanitising kit which included hands sanitiser and masks was present in the room.
Food and Beverages:
- The club lounge was closed so I cannot review it.
- Breakfast was good; preordered items from the set menu and a limited buffet selection in sealed containers. I like the fact they offer every type of milk which is out there, other than dairy. Upon sitting down you get a pastry basket and a local cheese selection. Kind and tentative breakfast staff.
- Dinner at the AKLA restaurant was always great. The restaurant offers a broad selection of dishes, suitable for either carnivores, pescatarians, or vegans. I, for instance, enjoyed the vegan dish of steamed vegetables the most, which was totally TDF. Good Portuguese wine selection, if you take into account that Portuguese wine contains a higher alcohol voltage (13.5% and above). Mr. Pedro (the restaurant supervisor) was kind enough to conduct me with a wine tasting session, so I could find the right wine that is most suitable to go with my meal. He also shared local information about the city, which was very useful in planning my onwards trip.
- A small bakery is available at the hotel premise which offers fresh smoothies and OJ, which I took advantage of every single day in order to keep my vitamin C in check.
Concierge and Reception
- Prior to and during my stay, Mr. Thomas from reservations assisted me with my constantly changing reservation along with my other special requests, which I was very grateful for.
- Check-in was quick and efficient, and so was the check-out.
- The tidy and aesthetic appearance of the hotel's staff at all times
- The actual concierge was not present at the time of my stay, but when I wanted to go and find a traditional restaurant that also has Fado music, Mr. Fernando from reception helped me to find one, make a reservation on my behalf and write it all done for me. That was extremely helpful.
Traveling during the pandemic can truly expose and show the true colours of a hotel, and how far it goes with keeping the health percussions; if I have to compare the measurements IC Lisbon has taken vs. other properties, I can safely say that it exceeded my high expectations. Kudos and well done to fantastic work of the hotel staff during this hard time.